Following recent government advice, school will continue to remain open for those not self-isolating and it will be ‘business as far as possible.’ However, we have been working hard to put into place measures to continue children’s access to learning, should we be forced to close or for those who are unable to attend because they or a household member must stay at home.
Parents should check their child’s class page on the school website for information (Reception’s learning activities will be sent via Tapestry); teachers will be posting daily Maths and English activities in the event of school closure for children to complete as well as information around research projects linked to subjects such as Geography, History and Art. Children will be given an exercise book to complete the activities in, should they not have access to a printer.
In addition to this, children will also have access to a whole host of learning resources online that they can use. Children who are currently self-isolating can access the following:
- Teach Your Monster to Read – an award winning reading and phonics app (can also be used for free online) https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/ - suitable for Reception/Year 1
- Oxford Owl – a library of ebooks that can be read online or on tablets/mobile devices (the site requires parents to register but is free to access - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ - suitable for whole school
- Reading Plus – developing reading fluency and comprehension skills (Children in Year 6 currently have log-ins) https://student.readingplus.com/seereader/api/sec/login
- Numbots - Numbots is an online game and playing little and often will significantly improve your child’s recall and understanding of number bonds and addition and subtraction facts. - https://play.numbots.com/#/account/school-login/21337 - children in Reception/Year 1 have log ins that have been sent home.
- Times Table Rockstars – high speed recall of times table facts - https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student - suitable for Years 2-6.
- Purple Mash – a wide range of learning activities: Maths, Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar, cross-curricular work www.purplemash.com – suitable for whole school – children sent home with log-ins last week
- Twinkl – Twinkl are producing free home educator packs for each year group and free home access for one month for parents https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer (parents need to enter the offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS when asked to register) – suitable for the whole school
- CGP Books – Year 6 have access to revision books which they can use to revise the aspects of the curriculum already taught.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation videos for children aged 3+ www.cosmickids.com
- Learning and Exploring through Play – a huge bank of activity ideas – arts, crafts, printables and sensory play. www.learningandexploringthroughplay.com
If anyone is having any problems with log-ins please let a member of staff know so we can help to rectify this. We will also use Twitter to update you with any future developments or handy resources that become available.
Thank you so much in advance for all your support.